Uterus plays a pivotal role in female fertility, it is crucial to make sure it is healthy. There are a number of things that can cause your uterus not to function properly such as irregular or heavy bleeding, fibroids or endometriosis.
Guidelines to Keep Your Uterus Healthy:
- Eat More Vegetables: According to a study published in Obstetrics and Gynecology, eating red meat doubles your risk of developing uterine fibroids whereas eating plenty of vegetables cuts your risk by 50%. The indole 3 carbinol found in cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and brussel sprouts, will not only improve your estrogen metabolism, it will also help your body eliminate excess estrogen.
- Reduce Your Caffeine Intake. Caffeine can aggravate fibroids because it causes your estrogen production to increase. According to a study published in Fertility and Sterility, women who consume 500 milligrams of caffeine daily, the equivalent of 4-5 cups of coffee, produce 70% more estrogen in the follicular phase of the menstrual cycle than women who consume less than 1 cup of coffee per day.
- Exercise: If you have a job where you are seated for long periods of time, this may be causing the blood flow to your uterus to be compromised. Walking and Fertility Yoga are two of the best ways to promote circulation and improve strength and flexibility of the muscles surrounding the uterus.
- Cleansing: Fertility cleansing is a gentle way to help the liver clear away and process excess hormones and toxins and to clean out any tissue or blood leftover from previous cycles. Fertility cleansing aims at reducing excess hormones in the body in order to help the hormonal system maintain balance through liver support. For women who are trying to get pregnant, this is one of the best ways to prepare the body for pregnancy as it encourages a healthy menstrual period each month through improved uterine health.
- Self Fertility Massage: One of the easiest and most cost effective ways to improve your uterine health can be done in the comfort of your own home. Massage techniques are often used to support your reproductive health, menstrual cycle, and fertility because they help to increase circulation to the uterus, ovaries and fallopian tubes, promoting hormonal balance.
- Oil Therapies: There are several oil therapies that work topically on the skin to enhance circulation and promote healing of your organs and tissues. Castor oil increases circulation to the uterine tissues thereby improving the function and health of the uterus and therapeutic massage oils work to soften the tissue, promote circulation to the uterus and help to tone the uterine muscles.