If you are having trouble getting pregnant, this Topic Center, Treatments & Options explores a variety of different fertility treatment options that could help you conceive.
Whether you are dealing with male infertility problems, female infertility issues, or a combination of male and female infertility concerns, fertility treatments might help you get pregnant.
Medical Fertility Treatments
Thanks to modern medical science a number of infertility treatments are currently available to help you conceive, including the following:
- Fertility drugs
- High-tech assisted reproductive technology (ART)
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
Other options for those with fertility problems include the following:
- Egg donation: for women who are unable to get pregnant with their own eggs but would like to become pregnant and give birth to a child
- Gestational carrier arrangements: for individuals and couples who are unable to, or choose not to, conceive on their own
- Adoption: an option for those who are unable to, or choose not to, have a biologically related child
Alternative Fertility Treatments
Along with these medical infertility treatments, a number of alternative and complementary fertility treatment options also exist. These alternative fertility treatments can be used alone or combined with conventional medical fertility treatment. For instance, alternative fertility treatments like weight loss plans help many women get pregnant. Those dealing with the intense emotional stress of infertility also praise alternative fertility treatments like massage, acupuncture, yoga and counseling. These additions to your medical infertility treatment can help you relax and feel better on your family building journey.
With so many treatment options to choose from, many individuals and couples are able to find a way to overcome their infertility diagnoses, achieving the goal of one day having a family of their own.