Male fertility can be evaluated by semen analysis. Semen analysis determines the quality and quantity of semen and sperm. The normal sperm count varies from 20 to 150 million sperms per millimeter. Among them at least 60% of sperm should have normal morphology and forward motility to achieve successful fertilisation.
Azoospermia is the complete absence of motile sperm and Oligospermia is a low sperm count. This can be due to several causes that range from primary testicular failure, genetic infertility, treatment for cancer, organ failure, diabetes, drugs and alcohol, surgery, etc. The treatment may vary depending on the root cause.
- A soup made with drumstick flowers boiled in milk is very useful in the treatment for the loss of libido.
- Include wheat in your daily diet.
- Take lots of fruits especially mango, grapes, gooseberry and pomegranate. Dates and dry fruits are also good.
- Pepper and ginger should be included in your regular diet.
- Fry a few cloves of garlic in oil till it turns brown. Massage the penis using this oil at bedtime.
- The flowers and seeds of tulsi (holy basil) should be added to a glass of milk and should be taken daily.
- Onion, garlic, banana, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, cashews, and celery can help increase libido.
- Have a few dates, followed by a glass of warm milk at bedtime.
- Avoid spicy/pungent food items, deep fried food items, and yogurt.
- Avoid salty, sour, hot, spicy food items. Avoid pitta aggravating diet and lifestyle.
- Excessive exposure to hot environment, alcohol, excessive riding, etc., should be avoided.