Even today the infertility is considered as a women’s problem. But in reality, most of the cases, men are the sole cause of inability to conceive. So it’s recommended that men get their sperm production or semen analysis done. The cause of infertility among men could be:
– lower sperm production rate
– poor sperm motility
– infectious disease
Now the question is, how to check sperm count?
If you don’t get the expected results, don’t worry, this article will not only help you in knowing how to increase sperm count but will also help in increasing sperm motility, sperm thickness, sperm quantity and quality.
Lower Sperm motility is caused by radiation, heavy metal exposure, smoking, excessive alcohol, pollution and drugs. So with following tips keep these things also in mind to increase the sperm motility:
- Less Exposure to Chemicals: In today’s advanced world with a prominence of chemicals being used in production of a large number of products, you may be exposing yourself to harmful chemicals without knowing. Firstly, start avoiding using poor quality plastic products like bottles and food containers for storing your eatables.
- A Healthy Diet: A healthy diet is one such aspect that always helps your sperm thickness, quantity, and quality. Consume plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Avoid consuming tobacco, refined coffee, tea, and alcohol.
- Exercise regularly: Regular exercise for 45 minutes to an hour is good for health and helps increase sperm count. Avoid excessive exercise, it may be counterproductive and adversely impact your sperm count and lower it.
- Don’t ejaculate regularly: Ejaculating excessively and frequently makes the sperm thinner. Avoid ejaculating for at least 2-3 days to make your sperms thicker.
- Opt for supplements: Opt for supplements that contain vitamin E and zinc. This will make your sperm thicker. Eating raw pumpkin seeds may also boost the thickness level of your sperm.
- Avoid Stress: Stress is always bad news for your health. When it comes to your sperm health, then too the effect is adverse. So avoid stress as it thins and lowers the sperm count.
- Sleep Well: Unhealthy lifestyle and over-exertion have a negative impact on your sperm quality. They can get thinner if your body does not receive sufficient rest. So make sure you have a healthier lifestyle and you sleep well for 7 hours.
- Toxic Environment: Avoid toxic environment to the maximum. If you work in a high-risk industry, then you need to be more careful as your bad health will directly affect the volume and health of sperm count.
- Clothing: Yes, clothing impacts the quality and quantity of sperms, make sure you don’t wear tight underwear, jean, and trouser as heat kills the sperms. So, wear loose and comfortable clothes.
- No Smoking & No Alcohol: If you are facing the problem of low sperm count then if is high time for you to say bye to smoking and excessive alcohol as it will contribute to lowering your sperm count.