The prostate is a small gland that resembles the shape of a walnut. It is near the urethra and beneath the urinary bladder. This gland plays an important role in both urination and dispersal of fluid carrying sperm during ejaculation. The prostate has two regions. An outer layer of tissue surrounds it.
Men can encounter two major growth periods of the prostate gland. Firstly, it occurs at the time of puberty. This is when the prostate doubles in the size. It again grows around the age of 25. The problem of prostate enlargement is a common part of aging. It happens, as the men grow older.
The enlarged prostate gland is also known as Benign Prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) medically. It is one of the most common issues experienced by men. Estimates have shown that 50 percent of men experience enlarged prostate at between age of 40 to 60 years and it can affect up to 90 percent of them after the age of 80 years. Though there are several treatments available to combat prostate enlargement, it is best to choose a natural remedy for infertility in men.
Symptoms of Prostate Enlargement
- Difficulty in urination. Inability to achieve a proper flow. The bladder is not emptied properly. There is a feeling of incomplete urination. Men might experience some sort of sensation after urination.
- A decrease in the flow size of the urine.
- The normal flow of urine occurs at a speed of 20 ml per second.
- In mild Benign Prostatic hypertrophy, the flow is 15 to 20 ml per second.
- In moderate Benign Prostatic hypertrophy, the flow is 10 to 15 ml per second.
- In severe Benign Prostatic hypertrophy, the flow is below 10 ml per second.
- There can be a pain in the bladder after urination.
- There can be an anal pain after ejaculation.
- The affected person might feel a need to urinate during nightly hours.
- The frequency of urination can also increase.
- There is an increase in the urgency of urination.
- There are chances of urinary tract infections due to improper flushing of the bladder.
- Dull ache in the lower back.
How Can Ayurveda Help In Overcoming Enlarged Prostate?
Ayurveda cures medical conditions since several decades in both India and abroad. You can find Ayurvedic treatment for male infertility, digestion problems, joint pains and lot more. Following Ayurvedic, Supplements Relieve Men From Enlarged Prostate:
Shilajit is quite popular in Himalayan region. It has anti-ageing properties and other health benefits. Traditionally, it was used to relieve men from different types of genitourinary system related problems.
Moreover, Shilajit is great to deal with burning sensation experienced during urination, inconsistent urine resulting from the enlarged prostate.
Tribulus is one of the most efficient herbal remedy for male infertility. This herb enhances power, maintain flow of urine, get rid of dribbling post urination, control urgency of urine etc. It also gives strength to the genitor-urinary system in men.
Apart from this, bringing a change in the kind of food you eat is also necessary to beat enlarged prostate. As enlarged prostate is a Vata Dosha, you must avoid vata-aggravating food items. You can refrain from intake of solid foods for a while. Try to incorporate increased intake of water in your diet. Drink as much water as you can during wake hours of the day. You can also opt for fresh coconut water, fresh lemon, orange, pineapple juice etc. Eating fruits such as grapes, apples, plums and peaches are can also be beneficial.