Before natural or herbal home remedies are administered for female infertility, there is need for diagnostic tests so that the root cause of the infertility can be known and addressed Testing for infertility in women usually begins with a health care provider doing a physical examination and asking about your medical history. Fertility tests may include
- Ovulation Tests: A woman may track the occurrence and pattern of ovulation by checking cervical mucus, recording of basal temperature, or using home ovulation prediction kit which are available over the counter. If you don’t have a positive home ovulation tests, then a blood test for progesterone (a hormone produced after ovulation) can prove that you’re ovulating. Other hormone levels, such as prolactin, may as well be checked.
- Imaging Tests: A Pelvic ultrasound or other imaging tests to check for uterine or fallopian tube disease.
- Hysterosalpingography: This is done to check if the fallopian tubes are free and normal. Either dye or saline and air are injected into the cervix and travel up through the fallopian tubes while the movement is monitored by X ray. In some women, Hysterosalpingography itself can improve fertility, possibly by flushing out and opening the fallopian tubes.
- Laparoscopy: This is a minor surgical procedure involving the insertion of a slender tube fitted with a fiberoptic camera through a small incision just below the navel, giving the doctor a clear view of all pelvic organs. Laparoscopy may identify endometriosis, scarring, blockages or irregularities of the fallopian tubes, and problems with the ovaries and uterus.
Natural Tips to Boost Fertility
For Women trying to get pregnant, Here are some nutritional and life style changes to be made.
- Avoid the risk factors
- Eat healthy: Eat more of natural foods, healthy fats, organic diary and proteins.
As much as possible, avoid processed foods, Sugar and Starches from diet
- Drink Plenty of water daily. Avoid Alcohol and carbonated drinks
- Find time to relax well on daily basis so that you can get rid of both emotional and physical stress.
- Get adequate exercise: Minimal to Moderate exercise is required for fertility. Creating few hours a week for recreational activities such as swimming, dancing, walking, and other fun activities tends to improve fertility.