Fertility foods help boost your health, optimize your fertility and give your child the best possible start in life. Eating fertility foods is one of a number of natural ways to increase fertility and overcome fertility problems yet fertility foods are not only recommended to ensure greater fertility but to establish and nurture the health of your baby from conception.
- Green vegetables and Leafy Vegetables – This includes spinach, kale, collard greens, watercress and even avocados. They contain folic acid, helpful in the production of red blood cells and genetic material. Folic acid also promotes development of a healthy nervous system, and prevents neural deficiencies in the fetus after conception—and it’s extremely important for healthy sperm production.
- Nuts and Seeds – As fertility foods nuts and seeds includes walnuts, almonds, pecans and all seeds like safflower and sunflower seeds. The have essential fatty acids and Vitamin E which are essential in the production of healthy cells. Peanuts are NOT recommended as a fertility food.
- Citrus Fruits – Oranges, Kiwi fruit, grapefruit and other citrus fruits all have very high Vitamin C content. Vitamin C enhances sperm motility by preventing sperm clumping. It also enhances ovulation and release of the egg from ovaries.
- Pigmented Vegetables – This includes orange or red hued vegetables like carrots, pumpkins, and all varieties of squashes. These have beta-carotene which is a healthy source of Vitamin A. This vitamin is essential for maintaining healthy tissues in the reproductive organs as well as being essential for developing healthy brains and eyes!
- Salmon – This fish contains essential omega-3 fatty acids, which assist hormone production. In addition sperm is largely made up of this type of fatty acids as is the embryo’s developing nervous system so this fertility foods is a fantastic choice for both men and women.
- Pineapple – This is the best known natural source of Manganese, a very important mineral. Manganese activates enzymes in the body that trigger production of various reproductive hormones. Low levels of manganese are associated with difficulty conceiving. Pineapple also contains great amounts of enzymes, which aid digestion.
- Chilli – Spicy foods containing red chili peppers increases blood flow around the body, ensuring that the reproductive system gets a healthy supply. Chilies also stimulate endorphin production, associated with stress release and a feeling of calm relaxation, which greatly increase chances of conception and therefore considered a top fertility food.